“The Earwolf app is a piece of crap!”
Practically everyone’s been having trouble with the Earwolf app for the iPhone for a while now. The latest OS update Apple pushed out (4.3.3) broke the audio player I was using, and, on top of that, our new audio host decided to keep changing their mp3 URL structure, making everything a managerial nightmare.
But no one cares about any of that, they just want it fixed! Here comes the beauty of software updates!
So here it is: Earwolf 2.0 for iPhone.
• See the most recently released shows on the main page!
• An auto-updating, easy to navigate SHOWS TAB! Each episode page contains descriptions, photos, clips, and guest profiles!
• Access to bios/clips/appearances/tour dates for all Earwolf guests! You can also purchase tickets to their shows without ever having to leave the app!
• A playlist that allows you to queue up as many tracks as you want, and remembers where you left off in between uses! It also has larger buttons, a larger slider, and a -30 seconds button, all of which were requested about a hundred times each…
• Browse/post in the forums!
• Purchase items from the shop!
• Custom notifications! This one’s huge: choose which shows you want to be notified about! Choose which guests you want to be notified about! Choose what time of day you’d like to be notified!
• Read the blog!
• Send emails to the shows!
The app will be available within two weeks from today! If you want early access, I am giving out 10 invites to participate in the beta. Just leave a comment below and I’ll randomly pick ten.
Update (July 12): I’m going to have my Oprah moment and just send everyone who’s commented so far an invite. If you’ve commented, please check your email! Thanks!